New Tring mayor to focus on the young and sick
THE campaigning councillor who led the protest for stopping ‘unfair’ camera fines along a notorious Hemel Hempstead bus lane has been made mayor of Tring.
Nick Hollinghurst was officially sworn in to the position at the town’s annual council meeting on Monday, May 14 and vowed to use his position to promote small charities in the town.
He has chosen Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care (IRGH), The Orchard Children’s Centre and Tring Youth Project as his charities during his year in office and also promised to visit all 50 to 60 of the other voluntary organisations and charities in the area.
He said: “This town is known for its community spirit and the supportive residents’ charitable undertakings. I look forward to meeting as many charities as I can, starting as soon as I can.”
Funds raised for his three charities will be split giving IRGH 60 per cent and the remaining 40 per cent will be shared equally between the youth project and children’s centre.
“Iain Rennie is a charity that many of us know first hand and the need for it is always there,” he said.
“Many people are very grateful for the help and comfort they have received from the organisation.”
Mr Hollinghurst is a town, borough and county councillor.
He worked tirelessly on helping motorists in their fight against the Moor End Road camera in Hemel Hempstead, which was deemed unlawful by tribunal last month.
He is now focusing on organisations that support people in Tring.
He said: “I hope that the fact that I’m mayor will be a particular benefit to Tring School and the Orchard Children’s Centre since I’m a governor on both.”
Councillor Roxanne Ransley was voted in as deputy mayor.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Tring
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 24 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East