Halloween party tragedy as Hemel Hempstead teen dies in Berkhamsted sports centre car park

Inquest

Inquest

0
Have your say

A Hemel Hempstead teen died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning when he decided to sleep in his car following a Halloween party, an inquest heard this morning.

Karl Daniel Phillips of Longlands parked his light blue Peugeot 206 in Berkhamsted’s Sportspace car park in Douglas Gardens, after the gathering at a friend’s in the town.

It is thought the 19-year-old wanted to sleep off the alcohol he had drunk before driving back to his Hemel Hempstead home, and had turned the heating on to keep himself warm in the early hours of November 1.

 

Back to the top of the page