Fire ruins bedroom

editorial image
0
Have your say

THE bedroom of a terraced property in Hemel Hempstead was badly damaged by a fire which is thought to have been caused by an iron being left on.

Fire crews were called to the home on Wellcroft, Gadebridge at 12.15pm yesterday after smoke was seen billowing out of the window.

The fire started in the bedroom and then spread to the upstairs landing.

There was no one inside at the time of the fire and the firefighters managed to put out the fire by 12.35pm.

Watch commander Jon Batchelor said: “We would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of having a fire alarm

“This particular property didn’t have one fitted and if there were people inside the outcome could have been very different.”