Firm that managed Chilfest’s bars apologises for lengthy queues

editorial image

A party planning firm has ‘apologised unreservedly’ to drinkers who waited in bar queues for nearly two hours to get service at Tring’s first Chilfest music festival.

There had been no problems at the bars during Chilfest’s first night on Friday, which attracted a younger audience with acts like Little Mix.

But Saturday’s event, which had a 1980s musical theme, reached full capacity – with 7,000 people packing into Pendley Meadow in swelteringly hot weather.

Many drinkers missed their favourite acts while they were queuing during what was Chilfest’s second and final night.

The bars were managed by London-based party planning firm In The Spirit Events, which today released a statement on the Chilfest Facebook page.

It said: “In The Spirit Events would like to formally and unreservedly apologise for the failings of the bars at Chilfest.

“Further to this, we would like it noted that the organisers of Chilfest played no part in these failings and the blame rests solely at our door. We hope that the unacceptable failings in speed of service did not completely cloud what was musically an incredible event.”

Facebook-users responded angrily.

One said: “It completely ruined our night! An hour and a half in a queue, and we gave up. A cab to Tesco and back just to get a drink. Disgusting.”

Another said: “I appreciate you taking responsibility but we missed the first four acts. Midge Ure was one I wanted to see desperately! We were gutted! I don’t know if I’ll ever get the opportunity to see him again. That is one experience/memory I will never have probably.”

But others were more understanding.

One said: “I went for the music not to drink.....”

For more on Saturday’s Chilfest, click here

To read more about Friday’s Chilfest, click here