THE nine-year-old girl bitten by a poisonous snake while walking in the New Forest has returned to school.
Tylar Butcher, of Meadowbrook in Tring, is making a good recovery after her leg swelled up and turned black when an adder bit her on Good Friday.
She was given anti-venom and spent the Easter weekend in hospital but went back to Grove Road School last Wednesday.
Her father Kenny Butcher, 45, said: “The bruising has reduced by 60 to 70 per cent. She is certainly getting better.
“The leg is still extremely tender. The poison is still within her leg. Once you administer anti-venom that can stay in the system for a while. The doctor said it could take up to five or six weeks.”
Tylar was wearing flip flops when the adder, the UK’s only poisonous snake, bit her as she strolled along a path in the Hampshire beauty spot.
There have been 14 reported deaths from adders since records began in 1876, the last in 1975.