Railway bosses want your views on a major scheme to create new transport links.
Network Rail, which manages the UK’s train infrastructure, is currently looking at proposals to link Oxford to Bedford, and Milton Keynes - via Aylesbury and Princes Risborough - to London Marylebone.
As well as creating new rail routes and resurrecting rail links which have been out of service for decades, the project would also see new stations being built, and a variety of changes to footbridges, subways, overbridges and railway crossings across the region.
Martin Frobisher, Network Rail route managing director, said: “I am really pleased to have delivered phase one of East-West Rail.
“A new service from Oxford to Marylebone, from late October, will be a great new option for people travelling to and from the capital.
“As our attention now turns to the future, we want to hear your views in order to properly understand what’s needed for the next phase of this scheme.”
Once complete, this work would enable the following train journeys:
• Oxford – Milton Keynes (calling at Oxford Parkway, Bicester, Winslow and Bletchley);
• Oxford – Bedford (calling at Oxford Parkway, Bicester, Winslow, Bletchley, Woburn Sands and Ridgmont);
• Milton Keynes – Aylesbury – London Marylebone (an extension of the existing service between Marylebone and Aylesbury Vale Parkway, with stops anticipated at Bletchley, Winslow, Princes Risborough and High Wycombe).
The scheme would also mean increased capacity for freight services, a new station at Winslow, and two new platforms at Bletchley.
Across the region there would be 18 new overbridges built, 22 new footbridges/subways, and changes to 97 railway crossings.
The consultation starts this week with a series of public exhibitions. A more detailed consultation will be carried out next spring, with Network Rail aiming to submit an application to the Secretary of State for Transport in summer 2016.
Consultation details and dates are:
• Monday, September 21, 12-8pm, Elim Church, Bell Street, Princes Risborough;
• Wednesday, September 23, 12-8pm, Rivets Sports and Social Club, Whitehead Bay, Aylesbury;
• Thursday, September 24, 12-8pm, John Paul II Centre, Henley House, The Causeway, Bicester;
• Friday, September 25, 12-8pm, Sycamore Hall, Drayton Road, Bletchley;
• Monday, September 28, 4-8pm, Public Hall, Elmfields Gate, Winslow;
• Tuesday, September 29, 12-8pm, Public Hall, Elmfields Gate, Winslow;
• Wednesday, September 30, 12-8pm, Forest Centre, Station Road, Marston Moritaine;
• Thursday, October 1, 12-8pm, Forest Centre, Station Road, Marston Moritaine.