A house in Tring has been evacuated this afternoon while engineers fix a gas leak.
Residents in Mortimer Rise, Tring are having to wait on the pavement after a member of the public smelt gas in the area.
Chloe Boyce, spokeswoman for gas provider SGN, said: “We are currently attending a gas escape involving our network in Mortimer Rise in Tring.
“Earlier today, a member of the public smelt gas and did the right thing by phoning us.
“We arrived on site at 12.21pm and our team has worked since then to make the area safe.
“This has involved the evacuation of one property. We are currently liaising with the individual affected to secure alternative accommodation for them immediately.
“We’ll continue to work at this location today to establish what action is required to ensure a permanent repair.
“We’d like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.”