Late night food turns into fire

editorial image

DAMAGED: A woman found her kitchen full of smoke after she left food unattended on a chip pan.

Queensway-based Hemel Hempstead Fire Station were called to the scene in Broadcroft, Hemel Hempstead, at 1.35am on Sunday, and sent two engines.

Crew commander Sean Good said: “She had put the fire out before we got there, but the house was heavily smoke damaged.

“It shows how important a working smoke alarm is. The damage would not have been so extensive if one had alerted her to what was happening.”