Festive revellers are being warned not to risk their lives by taking drugs after two young men died.
It is thought that both Richard Stevens, from Kings Langley, and Wills Leighton, from Watford – both aged 21 – perished after taking ecstasy, also known as MDMA.
The pair did not know each other but both died at Watford General Hospital within days of each other - on November 29 and December 12.
Assistant chief constable Jon Boutcher said: “Hertfordshire Constabulary would like to remind the public of the inherent risks in taking illegal drugs, in particular at this time of year when people are out celebrating before Christmas.
“Both deaths are subject to a coroner’s investigation and police inquiries are taking place.
“Results from toxicology and other tests are still awaited, consequently the causes of these tragic deaths have not been fully ascertained.
“However we do have indications that they both took the drug MDMA.”