A man with a history of drug use was discovered dead at the home of a friend with whom he was staying, an inquest heard.
During the hearing held in Hatfield on Thursday, Herts deputy coroner Graham Danbury said 34-year-old Jamie Griffiths, who was living in Cambrian Way, Hemel Hempstead, died on June 27 last year and tests revealed a lethal cocktail of heroin, dihydrocodeine, methadone, benzodiazepine and alcohol in his system.
Police found no signs of forced entry or any struggle at the Highfield home.
Marks on Jamie’s arms consistent with recent drug injection were noted along with other drug equipment that was found inside the property.
Mr Danbury recorded the cause of death as lethal drug toxicity. He said: “There is evidence that he had been dependent on heroin for quite some time so was an experienced user, but on this occasion probably took a bit too much and this was topped up with the other drugs.”
Verdict: death by the use of drugs.