Propane peril in shed blaze

editorial image

A shed fire involving propane cylinders was tackled by Hemel Hempstead fire crews on Saturday night.

The blaze, in the back garden of a detached property on Tile Kiln Lane, Leverstock Green, was reported nine times in the space of two minutes at around 7.35pm.

Firefighters reported that a shed was well alight and the fire had spread to another shed in the adjoining garden, where gas cylinders were stored.

Main jets and hosereels were used to put out the flames, while the cylinders were cooled down and made safe.

The fire was accidental and no people were injured.

The blaze was put out by 8.09pm and the scene was left safe by the crews.