Levy Green stunned by Hadley late show

12-309    Leverstock Green FC versus Hadley in red and black.'Louis Austin with ball.
12-309 Leverstock Green FC versus Hadley in red and black.'Louis Austin with ball.

Leverstock Green 0 Hadley 3

THREE Hadley goals in stoppage time condemned Levy Green to their third straight defeat after an evenly-contested game at Pancake Lane.

Green looked set to claim a well-earned point, but three goals in as many minutes at the end of the game snatched the win for Hadley.

“It is typical us at the moment,” said Levy manager Steve Heath. “We worked hard to be at 0-0 after 90 minutes and then we threw it away.

“It would have been a good draw but it was two mistakes that cost us.

“We have actually played quite well in our last three games but ended up losing all three.

“What we’ve got to do as a team now is forget about the last four minutes on Saturday.

“It’s not time to lose confidence, we have just got to move on.”

Levy had started the game brightly against Hadley and Paul Insley had the first chance of the game as he shot wide after three minutes.

Dom Petruccci fired narrowly over at the other end, before Insley sent another two efforts off target.

It was the visitors who came closest to breaking the deadlock in the first half as Alan Murray saw hit shot his the post and rebound back across goal to safety.

Levy started the second half brightly and Insley had another good chance, but this time his shot was blocked.

Further opportunities arrived for Green, with Ross Miller heading over from a Lee Bircham corner, and Seldyn Grant crashing a shot against the crossbar.

Over the closing minutes the game could have gone either way, although neither side was looking much like scoring.

That all changed as the match entered the 90th minute, when Hadley substitute Billy Jones – who had only been on the field four minutes – played an incisive through ball to Gibbs.

Tasker came racing out of his goal to try to intercept, but Gibbs got there first to slot the ball home.

From then on, Green fell apart, and Gibbs added his second before Petrucci made it three to rub salt into the Levy wounds.