Ten-man Levy denied by a last gasp leveller

Ricardo Biggi
Ricardo Biggi

Levy Green

Hillingdon Borough 1 Leverstock Green 1

LEVY Green were denied all three points by a 94th minute equaliser at Hillingdon Borough.

Leading 1-0 through a Lewis Pritchard effort, Levy had been defending heroically after Ricardo Biggi was sent off for a foul in the area with three minutes to play.

Levy keeper Carl Tasker saved the resultng spot-kick, but despite some frantic defending from the away side, Hillingdon snatched a point deep into stoppage time.

Green manager Steve Heath could not attend the game, so Neil Bartlett and Craig Preston took control of the side.

“I can only go on what I’ve been told, but I feel hard done by and at the same time pleased,” said Heath.

“The workrate of the players was tremendous from what I’ve heard.

“We feel that the referee changed the course of the game and everyone I spoke to said that they felt the penalty should have been a foul the other way.”

Heath, though, was full of praise for his side who have been battling hard with a depleted squad.

“For the boys to be picking up points with the players we have had missing is tremendous,” he said.

“I don’t know how much more we can take with the injuries but we have got a siege mentality at the moment and there is a great spirit in the dressing room.”

There was little to choose between the two sides in the first half on Saturday, with Dan Griggs coming close for Levy and Jack Buckle testing Green keeper Carl Tasker.

Levy began to assert themselves on the game in the second half, and new signing Steven Eyango-Bwanga flashed a shot just wide of the target.

With just under 20 minutes left to play, Adam Hallissey came off the bench for Green and the substitute made an instant impact.

The Levy winger picked up the ball on the left of the box and fed Pritchard who turned and finished well.

Moments later, though, Ben Butler was withdrawn injured after a bad challenge, before Biggi was shown his second yellow card.

Tasker made a fine save to keep his side in front, but Hillingdon laid siege on the Green goal and eventually forced the equaliser.